Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Abusive relationships

It doesn't matter if it's a guy hitting a girl or a girl hitting a guy. IT'S NOT OK! Abusive relationships are not healthy relationships. And if you think that he or she still gonna love you after he or she hits you, you're WRONG! Once a person lays a hand on another it will not stop (in most cases.)

Take it from me. I've been in a abusive relationship before and its not pretty. It was always arguments and hitting. I remember telling myself I will never let a guy lay their hands on me that way and if he does its done, but it wasn't. I stayed around, I was 15 years old and thought he was the love of my life. He said he'd never hit me or do anything to make me sad. Of course I believed him, because I loved him...so I thought. It first started with pushing to hitting on the face and arm then to the kicking. I finally was fed up with it and decided to stand up for myself. I knew I deserved better so I fought back. That didn't really do any good too cause it would just get worse. I finally left him and after that he begged for me back but you know what, its too late. I'm too good for someone like that, so I moved on.

Don't let love fool you. Love makes you blind and most times you can't see what is beyond that. Get yourself out of that relationship as soon as you can. Because if he/she did it once they WILL do it again. Just like the saying "once a player, will always be a player".

Abusive relationships don't have to just be physical, it can be mentally also. Don't let that person put you down by calling you names of all sorts.



Don't be scared to ask for help or advice, don't be scared to let other people know what's going on.
If you or anyone you know are going through an abusive relationship and need some professional advice here's a number to call.

WRIGHT COUNTY: 800-950-2203 (Task Force on Battered Women)

This video is very intense and real, I think that everyone should watch it even though it doesn't apply to you.  Just as long as you are aware of what can happen and how each person feels. 

2 comments:

  1. Dang! this is reallly good :) that video is so real too... i love where it says healthy love and unheathly love cause its so true!

    and thanks for sharing your story too <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you liked it and thanks. Yes, the videos are very true and i would hope that more girls are able to see those things.

    ReplyDelete